INITIATIVES &  ACTIVITES:

Project “GEM”

Since 2017, GEM Foundation has been managed by Sanjiv Joshi. Its main objective is that it will work to improve enrollment and preservation of teenage girls in secondary school and influence injurious negative perceptions about the value of girls’ education.

Purpose:                                                                                                                                                               

GEM Foundation mission is to address barriers to girls’ education. This program will work at institutional, community, and household levels to foster an enabling environment for girls’ of all ages. GEM Foundation mission is to educate and change perceptions of the importance of girls’ education, while also engaging and empowering teenage girls to be agents of their achievement.

SUPPORT  THE “GEM”

As you read this, the lives of many girls are being transformed by “GEM” Learning Centers in their neighborhoods. “GEM” allocates specific schools to donors, if desired “GEM” also sends regular updates about the progress of the children and their achievements to donors concerning their allocated schools. We are expanding our activities and setting up Learning Centers in additional villages. GEM depends on individual donors to fund almost 40% of our resource requirements. A contribution of any size is welcome and will make a difference.

Academic Support: Our “GEM” receive academic support through a 2-hour class conducted before and after school hours called them “Academic Support Center” so that our girls get educated for a better life. Here concepts are English, Math, Science and Basic computer knowledge are taught, to bridge the gaps in learning, and it will help them to be economically empowered.

Material Support:  The program selects girls based on different types of criteria such as enrollment in a government school, family income, parents’ educational background, child aptitude, and social background. A complete sponsorship is created to take care of a range of their educational requirements such as uniform, books, shoes & shocks, bags, etc to allow the girl child to go to school with dignity and get educated. The material kit is nobly handed over to each child at the beginning of the academic year.

The teaching methodology includes the extensive use of innovating teaching tools and activities such as group games, storytelling, group study and many more which makes learning not only exciting but also with lots of fun.

Community Support involves regular visits with the GEM’s parents and the community to ensure that they do not drop out of school in the middle of the section. The society plays a vital role in girls’ education. Educating “GEM” doesn’t involve just them, but also their families and the communities they are part off.

How Can You Help?

Project  “GEM” is a participatory girl child project where an individual and corporate can support by sponsoring a girl studying in class 1-5 for only $250.00 a year and a secondary school a girl studying in class 6-10 Rs $350.00 a year.

Come and join hands in empowering the girl child by providing a  gift of “Good Education.”

SUPPORT TO THE “GEM”

As you read this, the lives of many girls are being transformed by “GEM” Learning Centers in their neighborhoods. “GEM” allocates specific schools to donors, if desired. “GEM” also sends regular updates about the progress of the children and their achievements to donors concerning their allocated schools. We are expanding our activities and setting up new Learning Centers in the State of Gujarat India.

A GEM sponsorship makes for a wonderful gift for any occasion. By gifting a sponsorship to your friend or relative, you will ensure that an underprivileged girl will receive educational support for an entire year. Under this scheme, we inform your friend of your kind gesture and send them details and photo of the girl supported as well as academic progress reports. You will receive a receipt that you can use to claim tax exemption.

From every donation, only 2% of the funds are retained by the charity for administrative, marketing, and fundraising costs; the remaining 98% is utilized exclusively towards our project expenses.